1. Rose Face-mask
Rose is a natural source of Vitamin E. Take a few petals, make a paste and add some fresh cream. This is a very good facemask. It also prevents lips from cracking.
2. For Fresh Eyes
Putting a drop of rose water into each eye just before you sleep can also refresh your eyes.
3. Creamy Rose Milk Bath
For a creamy rose milk bath mix, 1 cup powdered milk, 1/2 cup Epsom salts, 1 Tbsp baking soda, 1 tbsp cornstarch, few drops of rose essential oil thoroughly. Store the mixture in a jar or bottle. Put 1/2 cup of the mixture under running water while filling the tub before taking a bath. Your skin will feel fabulous. Shelf life of the bath mix is to two to three months.
4. Rose and Glycerine cleanser
Rose water is one of the all-time best and most traditional facial cleansers. Follow the recipe to make a rose and glycerine cleanser at home.
- 1 Cup rose-infused water
- 2 teaspoons glycerin
- 5 to 10 drops of rose essential oil
Place a handful of dried rose petals in a jar, cover with boiling water, seal, and let set overnight. After the rose petal infusion has set overnight, strain. Combine the ingredients in another jar, and shake to blend. Note that you will extend the shelf life if you add 1/2 a teaspoon of grapefruit seed extract. The antiseptic quality of essential oils will also act as a preservative.
5. Light Rose moisturizers for normal skin
- 1 teaspoon beeswax
- 1 teaspoon lanolin (also known as wool wax, wool fat or wool grease)
- 1 tbsp almond oil
- 1/2 teaspoon wheat germ oil
- 1/4 teaspoon borax
- 3 tbsp warmed rose water
- 6 drops essential oil of rose
Melt together bees wax and lanolin, stirring constantly. Warm the oils gently. gradually beats oils into the waxes. Dissolve the borax in the rose water. slowly add the rose water to the oil and wax mixture, beat constantly untill cool. Stir the rose oil as the mixture begins to thicken. Spoon in to jars with air tight lids and label.
6. For A Rosy Face
These are homemade treatments that will put a rosy glow on your face. Boil fresh rose petals and use this rose water instead of plain water for your skin treatments.
Prepare a rose facemask by grinding a handful of petals into a paste. Apply on clean skin and leave the application on for 15 to 25 minutes. Then wash with plain water without soap. Your complexion will be smooth and glowing.
7. Luxurious Rose Soft cream
- 80 ml fresh, good quality cold pressed almond oil
- 60 ml rosewater
- 1tbsp beeswax pellets or grated beeswax
- 2 heat resistance bowls with lid
- 1 large pot or pan
- 1 hand whisk or wooden spoon
- 1 teaspoon or dropper
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Heat resistant jar to contain the cream
- Ice cube trays
Before you start:
Sterilise the ice cube trays, jar and lid, measuring cups and spoons, bowls, lids, dropper, whisk and spoons with boiling water and air dry them completely.
What to do:
- Put the almond oil and beeswax in the bowl and cover it.
- Put the rose water into another bowl and cover that too.
- Put both the bowls into a pot of water.
- Put the pot over heat and let the water in the pot boil until the beeswax has melt.
- Remove from heat.
- Take both bowls out of the pot
- Using a teaspoon or dropper and the rosewater to the oil / beeswax mixture, one drop at a time mixing with the whisk and wooden spoon all the time.
- Once all the rosewater has been added into the mixture, stop mixing.
- Leave to settle for 5 minutes. If any rosewater was not incorporated into the cream, it would sink bellow the cream. Keep that to freeze with each cream cube later.
- Transfer the cream rosewater into the ice cube trays, 1 teaspoon per cube.
- Put one teaspoon of the cream into the jar for use within the day.
- Put the ice cube tray in the freezer until the cream is frozen.
- Transfer the frozen cream cube into the sterile airtight freezer safe box.
Take out a cream cube each night and put in a sterile jar. Keep in the refrigerator to thaw overnight for use the next day. Use within 24 hours once taken out of the freezer, this is necessary as the cream contains no preservatives.
8. How to make rosewater:
What You need:
- 3 Large handfuls of petals from fresh red roses.
- 1 Liter distilled water.
- A sterile bottle to keep your rosewater.
- A clean pot with a lid and source of heat.
What to do:
- Put 3 large handfuls of petals into the clean pot.
- Pour the water over the rose petals.
- Cover the pot.
- Place it over low heat and let is simmer until half the water is left.
- Let it cool.
- Discard the petals and pour the liquid (rosewater) into the sterile pot and store.
About the Author: